Development & Real Estate
Estate Planning & Probate
Personal Injury & Insurance Defense
Public & Government Law
Health Care Law
Kevin M Burns
Kevin M. Burns graduated magma cum laude and in the top 20% of his class from Akron Law School. While at Akron Law, Kevin served as an associate editor for the Akron Law Review. Kevin published an article in the Akron Law Review titled Essential Immigration Policy Reform: Reinventing the National Interest Waiver. Kevin also participated in the Social Justice Fellow program at Akron Law.
While at Akron Law School, Kevin interned as a law clerk with the Kent State University’s Office of General Counsel, and the Summit County Executive Office. Kevin also clerked at Roderick Linton Belfance, assisting the attorneys in various legal work.
While in law school, Kevin was awarded the OSBA (Ohio State Bar Association) Real Property Student Scholarship Award (2018), the Mahoning County Bar Foundation Scholarship, and the Judge Donald T. Anderson Endowed Scholarship (Fall 2019).
Before law school, Kevin worked and lived in South Korea. Kevin also earned a Masters in Social Work from Youngstown State University. Kevin also earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a concentration in Neuroscience and dual minors in World Religion and Biology from Mercyhurst University.
Kevin’s practice areas include employment law including retaliation, harassment, discrimination, and whistleblower actions, as well as contract law disputes, real estate transactions, landlord-tenant law, nuisance law, estate planning, corporate law, and health care compliance.
Kevin is a creative solution-focused problem solver with a knack for advocating for people’s needs.
Kevin is a licensed Ohio attorney.
- Ohio, 1995
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Juris Doctor – 2020
- Youngstown State University
- Master of Arts in Social Work – 2015
- Mercyhurst University, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts – 2008
- Major: Psychology; Neuroscience Concentration
- Minor: Religious Studies, Biology
- OSBA (Ohio State Bar Association) Real Property Student Scholarship Award
- Mahoning County Bar Foundation Scholarship
- Judge Donald T. Anderson Endowed Scholarship
- Akron Law School Social Justice Fellow
- Certificate-Oil & Gas Title Research, Gemondo and McQuiggan Law Firm