Development & Real Estate
Estate Planning & Probate
Personal Injury & Insurance Defense
Public & Government Law
Health Care Law
David S. Nichol is a partner at Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP. Mr. Nichol has practiced law since 1992 in Ohio and California before state, federal, and appellate courts; arbitration panels (including AAA) and various governmental agencies (PUCO, Board of Revisions, Department of Commerce). After graduating from law school with honors, Mr. Nichol joined a law firm in Irvine, California, where he later became a named partner. While practicing in California, Mr. Nichol handled business matters ranging from drafting contracts to complex business litigations. In 2000, Mr. Nichol relocated back to Northeast Ohio and joined his current firm, Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP. Since that time, Mr. Nichol has acted as lead counsel in real estate, business, construction, employment, trade secret and other litigations. Mr. Nichol has also handled business transactions including drafting contracts, business sales and acquisitions, and asset purchase agreements. Having litigation experience has proven invaluable in being able to properly and thoroughly draft contracts. Mr. Nichol was previously named as the 5th best attorney in Summit County in the Akron Beacon Journal.
Representative Engagements and Representation:
- Acted as general counsel, efficiently handling an array of contracts and business matters for small to mid-sized companies throughout Northeast Ohio including companies in the health care, hospitality, real estate, construction, and manufacturing industries.
- Obtained an award of over $4.5 million on behalf of an Ohio medical bill auditing company against a national third party administrator.
- Successfully defended hundreds of contracts and claims brought against his clients through pre-trial motions or defense verdicts at trial.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business Planning, Entity Formation, Business Sales and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Personal Injury
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor - 1992
- Honors: With Honors
- Kent State University
- Bachelor of Arts - 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Akron Bar Association, Member
- Summit County Common Pleas Court, Arbitrator
Past Employment Positions
- Borchard & Nichol, LLC, Managing Partner, 1996 to 2000