Development & Real Estate
Estate Planning & Probate
Personal Injury & Insurance Defense
Public & Government Law
Health Care Law
Kathryn A. Belfance to receive Akron Bar Association Professionalism Award
Aug 12, 2015
Award honors Roderick Linton Belfance partner for dedication, integrity, humanitarian efforts
Akron, OH – October 26, 2015 – Attorney Kathryn A. Belfance, a partner in the Akron law firm of Roderick Linton Belfance,LLC and a nationally recognized authority on bankruptcy and domestic relations law, is slated to receive the Akron Bar Association’s Professionalism Award for 2015. The award will be presented on November 4, 2015 at Fairlawn Country Club.
The Professionalism Award was created by the Board of Directors of the Akron Bar Association in 1996 to recognize an attorney who exemplifies exceptional dedication to the standards of the legal profession and demonstrates integrity and humanitarian concern within the community. Belfance is the second Roderick Linton Belfance attorney to receive the award. The first was Frederick S. Corns in 2001.
Belfance received her law degree from the University of Akron, where she was one of the first women to serve as a Law Review associate editor. In 1977, she started her own law firm where she practiced until joining Roderick Linton Belfance in 2008.
In 1978, Belfance was appointed the first female Bankruptcy Trustee to administer bankruptcy cases in the Northern District of Ohio and has continued to serve in that capacity since then. During her more than 35 years in bankruptcy law, Belfance has lectured extensively on the subject and has successfully litigated bankruptcy issues resulting in reported opinions that have become the subject of national seminars. Belfance has also distinguished herself in the domestic relations field. Her knowledge of divorce and custody law, along with bankruptcy, has brought invitations to speak on the convergence of bankruptcy and divorce laws.
Founded in 1885 and located in Akron, Ohio, the Roderick Linton Belfance law firm employs attorneys with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise. The firm represents an equally diverse range of clients from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.
Akron Bar Association List of Recipients
In This Section
- Attorney Alfred (“al”) E. Schrader Has Joined The Law Firm Of Roderick Linton Belfance, Llp As An Equity Partner. Attorney Schrader Is Licensed To Practice Law In Both State And Federal Courts In Ohio
- Attorney Kris Immel Presented At The Supreme Court Of Ohio’s Specialized Dockets Annual Conference On October 11, 2018
- Crain’s Cleveland Business
- Partner William G. Chris On June 21, 2018 Was Sworn In As President Of The Akron Bar Association For 2018-2019
- Kyle Cramer joins Roderick Linton Belfance LLP as Associate Attorney
- Roderick Linton Belfance Adds Fickes And Chenowith To Attorney Roster
- Attorneys Theodore J. Lesiak And William G. Chris Assume Added Responsibilities
- Roderick Linton Belfance Law Firm Names Lisa Carey Dean Partner
- Kathryn A. Belfance To Receive Akron Bar Association Professionalism Award
- Congratulations To Sarah Heid For Being Selected For Torchbearers’ Class Of 2016!
- Brian D. Bremer Joins RLB
- NSPII-Ohio Chapter Lunch Meeting
- In-Memoriam: Howard Calhoun
- James E. Davis Honored As The Akron Bar Association’s 2015 Senior Lawyer Of The Year
- Kristopher Immel To Present At Bankruptcy In Divorce Seminar