Development & Real Estate
Estate Planning & Probate
Personal Injury & Insurance Defense
Public & Government Law
Health Care Law
Roderick Linton Belfance adds Fickes and Chenowith to attorney roster
August 2, 2017
Roderick Linton Belfance LLP, an Akron-based law firm, announces the hiring of John C. Fickes with strong ties to the local community.
Fickes, a St. Vincent-St. Mary High School graduate who grew up in the Firestone Park area and went on to earn his law degree from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law, has practiced law in the Akron area since 1985. His legal work involves all forms of dispute resolution – civil, domestic and criminal – from legal counseling through trial and appeals and in both state and federal court systems. Active in the Akron Bar Association, Fickes has served as chairman of several committees within the organization. He is also the long-time chairman of the board of directors of the Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority and currently serves on the Blossom Board of the Cleveland Orchestra and the board of the First Friday Club of Greater Akron.
Also an Akron native, Chenowith graduated from Firestone High School and earned his undergraduate degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and his law degree from The University of Akron School of Law, where he received cum laude distinction. While in law school, he served as an editor of the Akron Law Review, was an advocate on the Akron Law Trial Team and a recipient of both the Health Law and Trial Advocacy Certificates. Chenowith scored in the 98th percentile on the Ohio Bar Exam and is currently a member of the Akron Bar Association and the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. He practices law in a variety of areas, including estate planning, criminal defense, domestic relations and civil litigation. Chenowith also volunteers for the YMCA and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Founded in 1885 and located in Akron, Ohio, the Roderick Linton Belfance law firm employs attorneys with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise. The firm represents an equally diverse range of clients from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.
In This Section
- Attorney Alfred (“al”) E. Schrader Has Joined The Law Firm Of Roderick Linton Belfance, Llp As An Equity Partner. Attorney Schrader Is Licensed To Practice Law In Both State And Federal Courts In Ohio
- Attorney Kris Immel Presented At The Supreme Court Of Ohio’s Specialized Dockets Annual Conference On October 11, 2018
- Crain’s Cleveland Business
- Partner William G. Chris On June 21, 2018 Was Sworn In As President Of The Akron Bar Association For 2018-2019
- Roderick Linton Belfance Adds Fickes And Chenowith To Attorney Roster
- Attorneys Theodore J. Lesiak And William G. Chris Assume Added Responsibilities
- Roderick Linton Belfance Law Firm Names Lisa Carey Dean Partner
- Kathryn A. Belfance To Receive Akron Bar Association Professionalism Award
- Congratulations To Sarah Heid For Being Selected For Torchbearers’ Class Of 2016!
- Brian D. Bremer Joins RLB
- NSPII-Ohio Chapter Lunch Meeting
- In-Memoriam: Howard Calhoun
- James E. Davis Honored As The Akron Bar Association’s 2015 Senior Lawyer Of The Year
- Kristopher Immel To Present At Bankruptcy In Divorce Seminar