Development & Real Estate
Estate Planning & Probate
Personal Injury & Insurance Defense
Public & Government Law
Health Care Law
Unraveling The Complexities Of Public And Government Law
At Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, we appreciate that the seemingly endless maze of rules and regulations of state and local agencies appear overwhelming to even the most sophisticated of businesses and individuals. Our experienced attorneys are here to guide you through that maze, whether it is in complying with regulations affecting your industry or in obtaining favorable rulings in administrative adjudications.
Our attorneys regularly represent businesses and individuals before numerous local agencies, including:
- Boards of Tax Appeals and Revisions
- Boards of Zoning and Building Appeals
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- City Planning Commissions
- EEOC/ Civil Rights Commission
- Federal Communications Commission
- Joint Accreditation Commission of Ohio
- Motor Vehicle Dealer’s Board
- National Labor Relations Board
- Ohio Board of Tax Revision
- Ohio Court of Claims
- Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Real Estate and Licensing
- Ohio Department of Commerce — Securities Division
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Insurance
- The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Ohio Department of Mineral Resources
- Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund
- Ohio Real Estate Commission
- Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
- Ohio State Dental Board
- Ohio State Highway Patrol Retirement Board
- The Ohio Veterinary Medical Licensing Board
- Public Employees Retirement Board
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- State Personnel Review Board
- State Medical Board of Ohio
- State Teachers Retirement Board
- Summit County Board of Elections
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
With the hundreds of agencies, commissions and boards impacting so many facets of your business and daily lives, it is essential to know that you have trusted and experienced counsel on your side. We at Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, are proud to fill this important role.
Guidance Through Municipal And Township Law
The attorneys of Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, represent municipalities, villages and townships in a wide variety of municipal and public law-related issues. In this capacity, our attorneys act as law directors, city, township, and village solicitors and prosecutors.
In serving these townships and municipalities and their representative officers, trustees and board members, we regularly advise planning commissions and zoning boards. Although not limited, our representation of these entities often involves issues such as finance, zoning and planning, personnel issues and the prosecution of misdemeanors.
In addition to representing townships, municipalities and their subdivisions, we represent individual political leaders such as mayors, council members and other city employees in both an advisory capacity and in litigation. The matters we litigate on our clients’ behalf include civil rights litigation (including § 1983 claims), wrongful arrest, excessive force, public records actions, planning and zoning lawsuits, lawsuits alleging infringements of the First Amendment, licensing and regulatory hearings, employment discrimination lawsuits (such as ADA and FMLA matters), wrongful discharge litigation, injury claims and contract actions.
At Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, we also lend our expertise to individuals, developers and entities who are required to appear before municipalities and governmental boards and agencies in various matters, including zoning and land use issues, assessment litigation, site plan development, initiative and referendum matters, personnel matters, civil rights violations and eminent domain litigation.