Experienced Personal Injury And Insurance Defense Advocacy
Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, is well-equipped to deal with all aspects of personal injury cases from “slip-and-fall” accidents to complex cases involving severe injury or wrongful death. Our attorneys handle all types of significant personal injury and wrongful death cases on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants, including motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents, premises liability accidents, job-related accidents, construction accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, and dangerous and defective products.
Our experience permits us to effectively represent clients in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases involving:
- Spinal cord, neck, back, traumatic brain and closed head injuries
- Paralysis, burns and amputations
- Civil assault and battery
We are well-equipped to champion our clients’ interest not only with respect to issues of liability, but with respect to the important issue of what damages are appropriate in an individual case, which often involve questions regarding the award of economic damages, punitive damages, and the application of tort reform legislation, caps on damages set by legislation and the constitutionality of such legislation.
Products Liability And Toxic Torts Litigation
We can lend our litigation expertise to plaintiffs and defendants in products liability and toxic tort litigation. Among the products regularly involved in such litigation are pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements, medical and orthopedic devices, electronics and appliances, automobiles, boats, all-terrain vehicles and their components, consumer and industrial heating equipment, pesticides, chemicals and cleansers, construction equipment, asbestos-containing products, and numerous other consumer products, including sports, recreation, toys and children’s products.
Products liability cases require in depth-knowledge of state and federal law, and often involve issues of defective design or manufacture of products, failure to warn or inadequate warnings and successor and supplier liability claims, and can involve many of the claimed injuries and damages presented in personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
Defending Insurance Carriers
Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, has earned a ranking among Best’s Recommended Insurance Attorneys for its excellent reputation in insurance law and litigation.
We represent insurers and self-insured corporate clients in all forms of tort litigation, including cases involving automobile, comprehensive general liability, professional errors and omissions, life, health and accident, fire, extended coverage, and homeowners, officers and directors liability, municipal liability, transportation, environmental claims and coverage, real estate title claims and securities litigation.
We also directly represent insurance carriers in coverage and bad faith matters. Such representation often involves not only contract analysis related to the policy, but issues and defenses regarding reservation of rights, late notice by insureds, estoppel against insurers, right to counsel, consent to settle issues and reverse bad faith.
Selecting The Right Approach For Your Case
The attorneys at Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, are skilled at litigation and alternative dispute resolutions. We carefully analyze your case and utilize the method that will work best for you.
- Mediation is a positive collaborative process to resolve conflicts and disputes that offers an alternative to the traditional, adversarial procedures of our legal system. Mediation provides an opportunity for parties, with the guidance of a neutral mediator, to actively participate in the discussions, negotiations and possible resolution of contested issues. Mediation also results in savings of money and time, and reduces emotional involvement and concerns about the outcome. Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP‘s certified mediators are highly effective in reducing obstacles to communication; addressing the underlying concerns and needs of those involved or affected; and maximizing the exploration of innovative and mutually satisfying solutions during mediation. The goal of Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP‘s mediators is to help parties reach a settlement that the parties consider to be fair and equitable.
- Our attorneys are accomplished litigators and consistently achieve superior results for our clients. Our litigators regularly practice in courts both inside and outside the state of Ohio in simple and complex litigation in municipal, state and federal courts. Several of our litigators have served as former judicial clerks to current and former federal and state court judges, and all our litigators have gained an invaluable mastery of how the judicial machinery works and how it best can be utilized to gain results for our clients.
Our firm is recognized for its decades of strong litigation and mediation performance. We can skillfully represent clients using either method in nearly every kind of dispute, whether it concerns business relations, employment issues, family law cases, personal injury or death, insurance coverage or defense, claimed violation of statutes or allegations of professional negligence or malpractice. Our experience allows us to skillfully represent our clients in any venue for disputes, including at trial and on appeal, as well as through arbitration, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Contact Us For Cost-Effective Representation
Our goal is not only to effectively represent our client, but to do so in a cost-effective manner. Accordingly, we remain mindful of our clients’ billing requirements and need for prompt reporting.